It’s time for the reveal.
Over the past several days, I’ve been goofing around with dyestuffs. (I bought rubber gloves this time.) So far I’ve collected and frozen about eight gallons of these:
(Pokeberries) and a decent-sized bag of black walnuts. As a result, my kitchen looks like this (note the various colors adorning the stovetop):
My dining room table looks like this (we had a romantic dinner in the sunroom last night):
And my to-do list today looks like this:
1. 10-2 p.m., work.
2. 12 p.m., dart out from work to get corn and honey from farmers market.
3. 2 p.m. Visit various locations from Sundays cropwalk to snag more pokeberries.
4. 3:15 p.m. Chairopracter (can’t spell that to save my life.)
5. 4:15 p.m. Freecycle pickup (pilsner beer glasses) in Ellicott city.
6. 4:30 p.m. Go to Larriland farm and beg to pick rotten blackberries. (Blackberries are a very nice dye, very expensive, and just as useful if not fresh.)
7. 5:00 p.m. Go to CSA. don’t forget to pick cilantro.
8. 5:30 p.m. Attend Libby’s fair aisle class. (If I have any hope that my upcoming knitting class not suck, I should probably at least sit in one knitting class ever.)
9. 7:30 p.m. Drop off CSA veggies at Em’s house.
10. 7:45 p.m. Freecycle pickup (Christmas cards) right up the street from my house.
11. 8:00 p.m. Die.
The weird thing is, i kinda like being insanely busy doing things that are uplifting to my family, good for my health, or promoting my hobbies. But if every day were like this, it would be good for just about nobody.
The knitting proceeds apace:
My bedside knitting is getting pretty long. I’m not sure how long I have to make it so that it goes over the ears while keeping the neck warm, but doesn’t act like like a scratchy neck-lengthener when not over the head. suggestions?
you get three guesses as to what this is.
And most victoriously:
These lovely sockies are done. They are wavy and fun and do not match and I think I am over it. Either way, they are too small for me, which is good, because the person they are being given to will probably not get a twitch in her cheek from the non-matchiness.
Victory! Now, to get on some makeup and make sure i have appropriate knitting and book-on-tape for all of today’s adventures…