As you probably know by now, since I’ve been telling everyone five times a day, I’m hosting a Lenten Mystery Knit-Along in March and April. First of all, THANK YOU to all of you who have been telling your friends. Only a week and a half after it was announced eighteen people have already signed up, and many of them have told me someone referred them who I know reads here, even those of you who don’t knit! With small businesses, the best advertising is always word of mouth, so a big fat thank you if you think that what you see here is worth telling folks about. (And of course if you think it’s crap, I thank you kindly for keeping quiet about it.)
I’ve got a new announcement, however, concerning the Knit-along – Now, if you live in Southwestern PA and would like to participate, you have a chance to do so in person. I will be hosting a physical knit-along, were you show up and knit along together, at Yarns Unlimited in Sewickley, PA.
This will NOT be a “mystery” KAL – the scarf will be on display at Yarns Unlimited during the month of February. I know some people aren’t into the whole mystery thing, so stop by and check it out if you want to be sure it’s something you want to make. (Then again, cover your eyes if you don’t want to see it!)
We will meet every Sunday, March 6th – April 17th, from 1-2 p.m., where we will discuss the new clue and the associated chapter of the Biblical Story. Cost for this is 35$, which if you think about it is really cheap for 7 hours of class time. That cost includes a digital copy of the pattern, which will be emailed to you on the Saturday before so you can print it out and bring it to class.
Since it is a KAL, the class will be limited at 12 people instead of the usual 8, so call the shop to sign up soon. The in person KAL has its own page right here.
Just so we’re crystal clear:
Original Online Lenten Mystery KAL:
- Online only: Sundays, March 6th – April 17th.
- Total Mystery! You know nothing until you get clues!
- Optional donation of 7$ to participate.
- Sign up by emailing me.
- Clues are emailed to you.
- No limit to how many people can join!
- Info page is here: https://osbornfiber.com/lenten-mystery-kal/
New Lenten KAL at Yarns Unlimited:
- In person at YU: Sundays, March 6th – April 17th., 1-2 p.m.
- Not a mystery: See the scarf at the shop in February.
- Class fee: 35$.
- Sign up by calling Yarns Unlimited.
- Clues are still emailed to you, the day before each class. Print and bring.
- Limited at 12 people.
- Info page is here: https://osbornfiber.com/lenten-kal-at-yarns-unlimited/
A big thanks to Cathy and Joan and YU for making this possible. You rock the stock!