Today was perfect. Here is why:
1. I got to make blueberry buttermilk pancakes with the lovely Megan. They were all around perfect, got rid of leftover buttermilk, and with an obsequious amount of butter and fresh blueberries from our CSA , they were scrummy.
2. I knit. Thanks to traffic, I got to knit for three hours.
3. I got to play with a cat.
4. We’re leaving for Uganda in less than a week, and I haven’t even looked at a packing list. The logical way to deal with this is:
to say “eschew that,” run off to Virginia, and ride roller coasters all day.
5. Jared is totally over his former fear of roller coasters. There is nothing he won’t go on.
6. It didn’t rain.
7. It seriously threatened to rain, so nobody was at the park.
8. For the second time in two weeks, I rode on antique cars with the youngest member of the party driving.
Like the obligatory smile?
9. I didn’t lose my camera while doing this.