Osborn Fiber Studio’s Gradient Sets are sets of mini-skeins of yarn dyed to blend gradually from one color to another.
How to Order:
- First, select a base: either Woolpaca (a worsted weight blend of 50% wool and 50% alpaca; 5 st./in. on US 7), or Meritime (a heavy worsted weight blend of 50% merino wool and 50% tencel; 4 st./in. on US 8).
- Next, in the drop-down box for your base, select a colorway. Pictures of our established colorways are below.
- Finally, select a quantity. When you click “Add to cart,” you will be taken to your e-shopping cart, where you may edit quantity. Each 5-color set has 545 yards (500m) of yarn, each 6-color set has 658 yards (600m) of yarn; purchase enough sets to make your project.
- If you have an idea for a colorway not described below, or would like to order a custom quantity (that is not a multiple of 500m), email us!
- All OFS yarns are hand-wash only. To extend the life of natural dyes, do not store yarn or finished items in direct sunlight.
- These sets are dyed to order. Please give us a few weeks to get you your yarn.
Select a colorway here to order Woolpaca:
|Raspberry Rouge $45.00 USDWinter Sky $45.00 USDNectar $45.00 USDPeach Orchard $45.00 USDGolden Delicious $45.00 USDPurple Pizzazz $45.00 USDGroovy Green $45.00 USD|
|Cool Pansies $53.00 USDMystic Mauve $53.00 USDSprout Sage $53.00 USDRedwood $53.00 USD|
* * * * *
Select a colorway to order Meritime:
|Raspberry Rouge $49.00 USDWinter Sky $49.00 USDNectar $49.00 USDPeach Orchard $49.00 USDGolden Delicious $49.00 USDPurple Pizzazz $49.00 USDGroovy Green $49.00 USD|
|Cool Pansies $57.00 USDMystic Mauve $57.00 USDSprout Sage $57.00 USDRedwood $57.00 USD|
* * * * *
Please note that each gradient set is dyed-to-order, and there is some natural variation in hand-dyeing.
5-color sets – 545 yards (500m):
Raspberry Rouge is a set of vibrant reds dyed with pokeberries. (Shown in Woolpaca.)
Winter Sky is muted blues dyed with black beans. (Shown in Woolpaca.)
Nectar is a set of golden oranges dyed with turmeric and madder root. (Shown in Meritime.)
Peach Orchard is a set of peachy hues dyed with madder root. (Shown in Meritime.)
Golden Delicious is a set of golden yellows dyed with apple bark, pruned from my grandmother’s old tree. (Shown in Meritime.)
Purple Pizzazz is a set of purples to fuscia, dyed with logwood and cochineal bugs. (Shown in Meritime.)
Groovy Green is a set of yellow-to-blue greens dyed with turmeric and black beans. (Shown in Meritime.)
6-color sets – 658 yards (600m)
Cool Pansies is a set of purples, blues, and greens dyed with logwood, black beans, and apple bark. (Shown in Meritime.)
Sprout Sage starts at a bright spring green and moves through the forest before landing in true blue.
Redwood travels from rich red to earth brown, using pokeberries and black walnuts.
Mystic Mauve moves through the indigo spectrum, from blue to a deep purple.